Monday, February 15, 2010

A Child Alone

I decided to find a picture that dealt with child abuse because I feel like this is a very important topic. I think that most parents don’t realize how much they hurt a child we they hit them. And in my opinion beating a child doesn’t make their behavior change. The picture that I have chosen is of a little girl who is curled up on the floor next to a wall. In the background you can see the outline of a male’s open hand which looks like it is coming toward the little girl. The child looks is crying a looks like she is terrified. I can imagine that this little girl didn’t even do anything that serious. She may have been raised by people who aren’t good at parenting, or a parent who suffers from an addiction like drugs or alcohol.

I am going to argue that child abuse is wrong and should be stopped. I feel that no matter what a child has done, there is no excuse for anyone to harm them. In my eyes child abuse is just as domestic abuse. My argument connects to the photo because from it you can tell that the child is frightened out of her mind and I don’t think that anybody in their right mind would believe that a child should feel this way.

When you think about the pathos of the picture, I think you automatically feel sorry for the little girl. You feel fear for her and wish you could just jump in the picture and wish you could save her and take all her pain away. You also wish that in some way you could put the abuser in the child’s position so that they would now how it feels.



No comments:

Post a Comment